Never Forget Part 1 AUDIO
Today has been one of those days that has got me thinking as I ponder the reality of Christ and His glorious revelation of God the Father to and through us. I really don’t think the average believer spends enough time thinking about the Eternal Son of the living God and I can honestly say that for a long time, I thought too much about thinking too much rather than just meditating on the Word.
In my rapid and refreshing thoughts today I began to write down some things that I don’t want to stop thinking about in my walk with Christ as a father, husband and pastor. Some of them I have listed here and now feel inspired to reflect on them individually over the months to come. For today, I have just listed a few. If you have some that God has revealed to you, please add them to the list as we journey through these things together for the glory of God.
- Never forget that it is the WORD of God alone that builds the church, draws the people and saves them.
- Never forget that we should desire to see more people come to faith much more than we desire to see people come to church.
- Never forget that the foundational command of each Christian and each church is to make disciples, period.
- Never forget that Christians should be thinkers and wrestle with the scriptures daily and grow in their knowledge of God and His eternal grace.
- Never forget that multiplication of the Kingdom is not bigger congregations but more congregations in every town, city and community; church planting is the call of scripture for every church.
- Never forget that the community of believers are supposed to exercise discipline over counseling so that God’s word and His worth are clearly displayed.
- Never forget that God is HOLY and Sovereign and has established Himself as the END of all things.
- Never forget that the chief end of mankind is to GLORIFY God and ENJOY Him forever.
- Never forget that the church is a present and visible body created to display the glory of God and HIS eternal power.
- Never forget that Christ is the head of the church.
- Never forget that Love is the evidence of the church.
- Never forget that Jesus is LORD and the consequences thereof.
- Never forget that DOCTRINE means teaching and ORTHODOXY means right thinking.
- Never forget that we are all called to study, worship and teach the gospel.
- … more to come by all who share in the FAITH!
For His Glory by His Grace